Sunday, April 12, 2015

Last update: 12/04/2015

Peperoni Pizzeria is one of the three pizzerias owned by the Les Amis Group. They recently opened their 2nd Peperoni branch at Binjai Park Singapore, with a bar that lines the exterior and a much roomier interior compared to the main outlet at Greenwood Avenue. It's my first time here at the Binjai Park outlet, and they are much more accessible for folks commuting by public transport. On the other hand, the main outlet at Greenwood Avenue is less accessible on foot, probably got to walk 10-15 minutes from the nearest bus stop. Both joints are located in the prime district of Singapore (Bukit Timah) and nestled within landed properties.



This is one of the places where you can get good and reasonably priced Italian cuisine. They serve wonderful thin crust pizzas and if you are there for a gathering with family or friends, you can even order their XXL pizza (21 inches). At least it's something different from the usual suspect, Pizza Hut or California Pizza. They do serve decent pasta as well. Over here you get to choose from the list of Aglio Olio, Bolognese, Carbonara, Vongole, etc etc with a choice of your favourite pasta (Angel hair, Fussilli, Fettucini, Linguine, Spaghetti, Penne). I personally love the thick, creamy Carbonara with Fettucini (I do not recommend ordering it, for people who can't take heavy, cheesy stuffs). On my next trip here, I'm going to try their Seafood Risotto :D

They do serve a wide variety of Belgium beers. Was there during Happy Hour and could have gotten one on the cheap, but I'll still choose water over beer anytime :)

For starters, mushroom soup to warm up my appetite.


And some greens to prevent the dinner from turning out into a meaty affair.



Yummy-licious thin crust pizza. We ordered the Frutti de Mare aka seafood in Italian. Toppings are considered generous with succulent prawns, squid rings, scallops and fish.

Hawaiian Pizza is also not a bad choice, with succulent chunks of pineapple that add a much needed zest to an otherwise cheesy affair at Peperoni.



We also ordered the Fried Portobello Mushroom (with chicken and red wine). The mushroom is probably as big or even bigger than my clenched fist. The choice of the deep fried mushroom with red wine sauce is an excellent combination but I think they should be less generous on the salt in the deep fried batter. It's too salty even for a person like me, who has a high threshold for saltiness. Otherwise it's all good. I love the succulent juices sealed in the portobello mushroom and the red wine sauce that goes with it.



Time for the mains to make an appearance, Rosticciana (oven roasted herb marinated baby ribs).



I'm a sucker for thick, creamy, cheesy pasta. Yeah, I know its sinful but I can't help it. It's top of my list when it comes to pasta. In this case, it certainly fulfills that craving inside me, for it has been a while since I've tasted such creamy Carbonara. Most I've tried are too light and watery and they should not scrimp on the heavy cream !


Now that we are done with the starters and the mains, time to serve the dessert. First to land on our table is Tortino al Cioccolato (molten chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream).



Still having enough room for another round of dessert after the molten cake, we decided to order a Tiramisu.


Food: 8.5/10
Price: 7/10
Service: 8.5/10 
Conclusion: A must try if you have something for Italian cuisine but not willing to pay a premium. Service is good and the staffs are a friendly and chirpy bunch, always dropping by to chit chat with you, asking for opinions on their food and refilling the water. As for the food, I guess I'll be dropping by frequently in the future to check out more of their offerings. What more can I say ? Highly recommended





7, Binjai Park
Singapore 528291
Tel: (+65) 6463-7800

Tagged: , , , , ,

1 comment:

  1. Definitely second your commentary about the food and service ! I tried the pasta in brown sauce i.e. mushroom sauce I think... but I think I still prefer the tomato-based pasta... :)

    ReplyDelete